Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Remembering our shaheed .. 5


I'm posting more announcements of our shaheed (martyred) who are fighting for our country, our people and our freedom. See my previous posts here, here
, here and here.

Monday November 9th 2009

'Terrorists fired rockets at security forces check post in Makeen, resultantly 4 soldiers embraced shahadat and one got injured ' (The News)

'Tribal sources said a convoy of security forces was on its way to Baizai Tehsil when a group of militants attacked it in the Chamarkand area in Safi Tehsil. As a result, two soldiers were killed and eight others sustained injuries.' (The News)

A soldier was killed and four others, including two security personnel, sustained injuries during clashes in various areas of the Bajaur Agency on Sunday. (The News)

Thursday November 12th 2009

15 soldiers were killed in fighting, while a roadside bomb killed two soldiers in Sararogha area further east. (Dawn)

'Eight soldiers and a passerby were killed when their vehicle was blown up by the mine detonated by remote control in Dwa Jungi ... two soldiers of the Frontier Corps were killed in clashes after a convoy was ambushed in Manzari Kandho on Tuesday night.' (Dawn)


Note: I can only provide you with names if I find them in the news articles I browse. If you think something needs correcting, please do leave me a message. I try my best.


We should all pray for these men and their families and recognise their courage and sacrifice for their country.

Are you related to a soldier? Do you have memories of a loved one dying? Do you have a message for the soldiers fighting? Leave me a comment.

---------

I feel now more than ever we should be supporting our army who are fighting the Taliban as we see the terror and destruction they spread in places such as Islamabad, Lahore and Peshawar.

No comments: