Sunday, July 18, 2010

Remembering our shaheed .. 12

I'm posting more announcements of our shaheed (martyred) who are fighting for our country, our people and our freedom.

Wednesday June 23rd 2010

'Wednesday's clashes, which also killed a paramilitary soldier and wounded nine, happened in the militant stronghold of Djabori that was captured by the security forces last month.

Over 600 militants and about two dozen security personnel have been killed in fighting over the past month in Orakzai, one of the major bases of the Pakistani Taliban, who are fighting both the Pakistani state and coalition forces in Afghanistan.' (Dawn)

Monday July 5th 2010

'Four militants in vehicles packed with explosives and rockets stormed a heavily-guarded fort in Lower Dir early on Monday morning, killing one soldier and injuring 12 others.

Twelve soldiers and an officer were wounded. One soldier, identified as Hazrat Nabi, died in hospital. ' (Dawn)


Note: I can only provide you with names if I find them in the news articles I browse. If you think something needs correcting, please do leave me a message. I try my best.

We should all pray for these men and their families and recognise their courage and sacrifice for their country.

Are you related to a soldier? Do you have memories of a loved one dying in a war? Do you have a message for the soldiers fighting? Leave me a comment.

No comments: