Friday, February 18, 2011

Remembering our shaheed .. 16

I'm posting more announcements of our shaheed (martyred) who are fighting for our country, our people and our freedom.

Sunday Feb 6th 2011

'A Frontier Corps man was killed when a landmine exploded in Pir Koh area of Dera Bugti district on Sunday.

Levies Force sources said the landmine planted by unidentified assailants went off when the FC man, identified as Sabtain, stepped on it. He died on the spot.' (Dawn)

Thursday Feb 10th 2011

'At least 28 army personnel were killed and 40 others injured when a teenage boy blew himself up at the Punjab Regiment Centre in Mardan on Thursday.' (Dawn)

Thursday Feb 17th 2011

'Ten militants and one soldier were killed during clashes in different parts of Orakzai tribal region on Thursday, sources said.' (Dawn)

Note: I can only provide you with names if I find them in the news articles I browse. If you think something needs correcting, please do leave me a message. I try my best.

We should all pray for these men and their families and recognise their courage and sacrifice for their country.

Are you related to a soldier? Do you have memories of a loved one dying in a war? Do you have a message for the soldiers fighting? Leave me a comment.

No comments: