Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Remembering our shaheed .. 10


I'm posting more announcements of our shaheed (martyred) who are fighting for our country, our people and our freedom.

Sunday April 18th 2010

'At least 13 militants and one soldier were killed during the on-going military operation in the Orakzai agency on Sunday' (Dawn)

Friday April 23rd 2010

'Reports of fierce clashes were received from the Orakzai tribal region on Thursday and security forces claimed killing 20 militants and injuring 23 others. One soldier also lost his life. ' (Dawn)

Thursday May 6th 2010

'One soldier was killed when militants attacked a security forces patrol party in the Rownyal area of Matta here on Wednesday.

Security forces were on a routine patrol in Rownyal when armed militants attacked their vehicle, killing hawaldar Gul Mohammad. The body was sent to his hometown Rustam in Mardan.' (Dawn)

Note: I can only provide you with names if I find them in the news articles I browse. If you think something needs correcting, please do leave me a message. I try my best.

We should all pray for these men and their families and recognise their courage and sacrifice for their country.

Are you related to a soldier? Do you have memories of a loved one dying in a war? Do you have a message for the soldiers fighting? Leave me a comment.

Update June 15th 2010:
The date of the death of Gul Mohammad was not May 6th, it was May 5th. Apologies

No comments: